Skip to main content
GLOBALLY, OVER 17 MILLION PEOPLE HAVE CEREBRAL PALSY
- CP is the most common physical disability in childhood with 1 in 500 babies diagnosed.
- Every minute there is another child born with CP in the United States.
- Of all children with CP, 60% are born at term
- Currently there is no known cure for CP
- The number of people with CP is expected to increase in the next 5 years.
- People with CP are likely to also have other impairments in addition to their motor disability.
- 1 in 2 will have chronic pain
- 1 in 3 cannot walk
- 1 in 5 cannot talk
- 1 in 10 have severe vision impairment
- Rate of depression is 3 times higher