CPF LIVE! with Minnelly Vasquez: Mental Health
CPF Executive Director Rachel Byrne and Minnelly Vasquez, Licensed Clinical Social Worker with the Weinberg Cerebral Palsy Center at Columbia University Irving Medical Center, discuss mental health care for individuals with cerebral palsy and caregivers.
- Alma: Portal to Find Mental Health Providers
- Better Help.com: Online Therapy with Licensed Professionals
- Headway: Portal to Find Mental Health Providers
- Inclusive Therapists: Specializing in Neurodivergent and Disabled Communities
- National Association of Phychiatry: Offers Online Clinician Finder
- Psychology Today: Offers Help Finder by Geographical Location
- Talk Space: Online Therapy with a Licensed Therapist
"We are social creatures, we need to be interacting and that helps our emotional growth. And when we don't have access to that emotional growth, our mind, which is a powerful thing, it can pull us down or lift us up. And when we don't have that social connection, it pulls us down."